Careers at Greenrock Real Estate Advisors
Creating exceptional experiences every day for the people we meet is what we’re all about – and that includes the people who work with us to make it happen.
As an employer, Greenrock is committed to creating an environment that encourages people to collaborate, learn and grow. We are dedicated to treating the members of our team with respect and fairness while providing them with opportunities to develop professionally and be rewarded for a job well done.
Greenrock Property Management Limited is looking for a Cleaner to join our RockStar Site Team!
Our Cleaners are the foundation to our buildings and communities, often a first contact to our Residents and the one that they rely on to keep the buildings clean and welcoming. We are looking for a Cleaner that understands how important customer service is to our residents and has excellent communication skills to relay any information onto the site team. This position requires a dedicated fixed schedule, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for the following candidate to possess:
- Previous experience in similar role at multi-residential building or condominium
- Positive, can-do personality
- Provide a high level of client satisfaction is maintained; consistently focus on providing exceptional customer service
- Provide, to the best of your ability, the highest level a clean and safe environment for residents
- Able to lift, push and pull heavy objects (up to 50lbs for cleaning and maintenance purposes) including garbage bins, furniture, appliances, etc.
- Able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills that will help you work with both residents and others on the property management team
- Strong attention to all detail
- Able to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including Residential Tenancies Act, Privacy Act and the Human Rights Code, AODA, and Health and Safety Regulations
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license would be considered an asset
- Fluent in English, other languages is an asset
What Greenrock can offer you:
- A company with a long history that is highly committed to family, their team, the environment, fun and philanthropy
- A reputation as a company with high quality standards and commitment to business excellence
- On the job training as required
Greenrock has two positions available, the first position is immediate, located at Yonge and Davisville are and the second would begin in October at Village Green, Church and Wellesley area.
If you would like to send your resume, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Cleaner” in the subject line.
As the Site Administrator, you are a key member of the Property Management team that provides administrative support to the Property Management team of an assigned portfolio. The primary function of the Administrator is to perform a variety of services related to the operation of a multi-residential building(s) while exercising sound fiscal stewardship for the purpose of ensuring tenant retention. The environment is fast paced and requires a true team player with a “can-do” attitude, and an individual with a great service and solutions-oriented approach.
Because we’re a 24/7 business (what real estate company isn’t?) this is not an average 9-5 job – our offices are open anywhere from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week. You will have the benefit of a consistent work schedule; however, some flexibility will be expected (and extended to you!) based on the needs of the team and company.
Who You are:
- You’re polished, cool under pressure with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- You thrive working in a diverse environment with a team of people and customer base who may not look or think like you, and you’re able to understand and empathize with different perspectives.
- Above all, you believe that creating a positive experience is crucial to the success of any business, and you know how to find that balance between being professional and making a meaningful connection with people.
- You come to the table with a background or education in hotels, club and resort operations, the restaurant industry or any in-person customer-facing industry, and bring with you an interest in real estate, the apartment industry and helping people live their best lives in the home they’re creating with Greenrock.
What you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and manage accounts receivable and lease administration functions for a portfolio of properties with the Administration Manager
- Maintain records of tenancy agreements, renewals, and other documentation
- Utilize the property management system to record transactions and run various operating reports
- Prepare financial analyses reports, as required
- Together with the accounts payable specialist, ensure all bank deposits and electronic banking are processed and entered into the property management software in a timely manner
- Process daily resident adjustments, including move-ins, move-outs, LMR applications, processing of lease applications, parking adjustments, rent adjustments, and resident discharge adjustments
- Together with the accounts payable specialist, prepare tenant rent cheques ensuring prompt delivery to bank are processed and entered into the property management software in a timely manner
- Track and report on the collection of rent and follow-up as required
- Enter and update tenant lease information into property management system
- Process preliminary rent rolls and charge rent in the property management system; ensure accuracy prior to seeking approval
- Oversee the processing of all online banking, debit and credit card payments
- Process and reconcile all pre-authorized rent payments for deposit on the 1st business day of the month
- Track post-dated payment instruments and apply against resident accounts when current
- Review all accounts receivable and ensure first reminders are delivered to delinquent tenants
- Prepare and process all legal notices and other applicable requirements under the current legislation; coordinate delivery of all such notices
- Process all above guideline increase (AGI) applications and rent adjustments
- Process for approval all rent increase edit lists, rent increase notices and other documentation as required by the administration policies
- Actively pursue the collection of delinquent rents
- Prepare summary and detail monthly aging accounts receivable reports
- Analyse all current debit and credit balances and ensure that statements are sent to the tenant
- Analyse all past debit balances and pursuant to administration policies, forward to the collection agency
- Prepare for approval write-off in instances where collection of past debit balances are not recommended
- Analyse all past credit balances and pursuant to administration policies, issue refund cheques to tenants
- Apply last month interest cheques; process all last month interest cheque edit lists and submit for approval; distribute all last month interest cheques
- Meet accounting department deadlines
- Follow up on all legal applications and communicate status to Administration Manager and Customer Service Specialist
- Draft rental letters and respond to tenant queries regarding rental billing and statements
- Reconcile and issue annual rent receipts, if required by resident
- Prepare tenant chargeback invoices
- Track tenant insurance certificates
- Process all referral program disbursements
- Storage locker reconciliation
- Parking locker reconciliation
- Minimum 1 year experience in a multi-property site management office
- Post-secondary education preferred with a focus on Business Administration or related field
- Proficiency with Yardi Voyager 7 software required
- Commitment to excellence in customer service
- Excellent planning, coordination and scheduling skills
- Highly adept at building strong, professional relationships
- Above average communication skills- both oral and written
- Good understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act and any other legislation governing tenancies
- Fluent in English
- Proficient computer skills; MS Word and Excel
- Ability to contribute in a fast-paced, deadline driven team atmosphere
- Accurate keyboarding, data entry skills are essential
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Client service oriented with excellent telephone manner
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Analytical and detail oriented with effective time management skills
- Competent in basic intermediate accounting procedures
- Able to apply logic and reasoning to effectively manage projects, analyze complex financial, legal and contractual problems and to provide solutions or recommendations
What’s in It For You
Greenrock real estate advisors? Property Management Limited is a full-stack real estate advisor and is recognized as a leader in creating exceptional experiences each and every day for the people whose lives intersect with the places we manage and companies and people we provide advice for. When it comes to our residential properties, we only manage buildings that are 100% rental – so there’s no chance that a resident will fall in love with a place and establish themselves in a neighbourhood only to have their new home sold out from under them. We’re focused on relationships, and our experienced and well-trained team genuinely recognize and care about the fact that what we’re doing is keeping a roof over your head. We have members of our team at our properties 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so that if there’s ever an issue we are there when our residents need us.
As an employer, Greenrock is committed to creating an environment that encourages people to collaborate, learn and grow – all for the shared betterment of individual, the team and the community. We are dedicated to treating the members of our team with warmth, respect and fairness while providing them with opportunities to develop professionally and be rewarded for a job well done. Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, health and dental benefits as well as additional wellness and educational benefits to promote both personal and professional growth.
Greenrock is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of their residents and the communities they serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Greenrock will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Employee assistance programs
- Wellness programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $47,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year